Faith Community at WordsFree.org
November 16, 2018, 07:44:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sticky: Essential Apologetics Forum Rules: READ BEFORE POSTING.  (Read 1974 times)
Black Knight

"We're the rebels o' the Sacred Heart."

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2005, 06:53:52 PM »

Everybody has 'em so here are the basics for this forum.

1. This IS NOT a debate forum, so if you don't like what the Catholic Church teaches about something, go find a forum for that.
This forum is to simply give basic answers to questions from Catholics and others who sincerely wish to know what the Catholic teaching is on a given topic. I will attempt to insure that you get at least one reasoned response to any question. Anyone who prefers to can PM me and I'll try to answer stuff privately if you want.

All discussion needs to be respectful and charitable in all ways. Take note of the Golden Rule (Luke 6:31 And as you would that men should do to you, do you also to them in like manner) .and 1st Peter 3:15 (But sanctify the Lord Christ in your hearts, being ready always to satisfy every one that asketh you a reason of that hope which is in you.)

2. If any post is argumentative or invites debate I'll delete it and PM you to that effect. Please see that you enable your PMs because if you don't I'm not going to lose sleep about you not getting some notice, since that's a courtesy on my part anyway. Please feel free to illustrate feelings  Shocked with emoticons and art (within reason  Cry ) so that all of us know if you are being serious or just what sense you intend your remarks. Cite your sources wherever you refer to them.

3. This is NOT a forum for Radical Traditionalist rhetoric. If you are SSPX or some other lot that feels that we should all be going to the Latin Mass or that the Chair of Peter is empty, then please don't waste time posting your stuff in here because it'll be gone as soon as I see it. (Don't get me wrong, I like an Indult Mass from time to time...I grew up with it, but I don't want it every day and all the time, and apparently neither does the majority of the rest of the American Catholic Church and her bishops.)

4. Non-Catholics are welcome but absolutely must respect our Catholic faith as I expect Catholics to respect the non-Catholics. This is NOT a platform for evangelism by those outside of the Catholic Church because I feel very certain that if any of us wanted that...we'd be on your respective sites instead of here.

5. These are just the seminal guidelines so far and are subject to additions and revisions as I see the need.

Sincerely in Christ,
Black Knight
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 01:06:58 AM by Black Knight » Logged

Dominus meus et Deus meus
Black Knight

"We're the rebels o' the Sacred Heart."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 06:24:38 AM »

Please be advised that I routinely close a thread once I feel that the topic has been dealt with to keep it from wandering far off topic. Since this forum is to offer the stated Catholic teaching,  that seems the most prudent way to deal with this.

I also edit replies that I feel are not helpful to the issue at hand. It's nothing personal, unless you have made some remark that is lacking in charity, which is a different matter. I'd like to think that that will be rare. If I edit something of yours, I'll PM you to that effect.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:38:03 AM by Black Knight » Logged

Dominus meus et Deus meus
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: