Faith Community at WordsFree.org
October 23, 2017, 05:40:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's get this board going again!  (Read 1623 times)
Veronica97

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »

Hi, I just want to say to whomever might read this, please consider coming back to or joining the forum.  You may or may not know me from CAF...I'm a very scrupulous gal.  There are some wonderful people at CAF, and I will always be grateful for their kind advice and prayers, especially when my mom was dying of cancer.  But I sometimes feel "scolded" there for being who I am...and who I am is someone who struggles with scruples.  I've made progress that no one really sees because I usually only post there when I'm having a "flare-up."   I don't always agree with everyone here at Wordsfree, but I feel safe here.  Safe to be me.  Safe to be scared or confused.  Safe to express my opinion.  And I think that's the goal Alan was striving for.  We need to have a safe place to discuss issues, to vent, to support one another.  So if you're thinking about joining or coming back, I hope you will.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:14:06 AM »

Hi, I just want to say to whomever might read this, please consider coming back to or joining the forum.  You may or may not know me from CAF...I'm a very scrupulous gal.  There are some wonderful people at CAF, and I will always be grateful for their kind advice and prayers, especially when my mom was dying of cancer.  But I sometimes feel "scolded" there for being who I am...and who I am is someone who struggles with scruples.  I've made progress that no one really sees because I usually only post there when I'm having a "flare-up."   I don't always agree with everyone here at Wordsfree, but I feel safe here.  Safe to be me.  Safe to be scared or confused.  Safe to express my opinion.  And I think that's the goal Alan was striving for.  We need to have a safe place to discuss issues, to vent, to support one another.  So if you're thinking about joining or coming back, I hope you will.

Hi.  I don't intend to take this down any time soon, but I don't know what to do for more traffic.  I did start a new forum for another group involved in my new online Skype-therapist using the new software but so far nobody went over to it.  I've been too timid to upgrade this software for fear I'll break something -- but as long as we have it I can't have online registration because this old version is not secure enough to prevent robots from joining and posting stuff.

There are still lots of dreams and plans I have for what we can do with online forums with open and honest discussion with option for private rooms -- I know there are people, like us, who would benefit.  I don't go to Catholic Answers so much where I used to find members because I just kind of lost interest in trying to discuss things while coloring inside the lines of judgmental Catholics at the same time and I don't have some grand plan.

Also I don't have any specific grand scheme to grow or focus on so at this point I don't expect many new members.  The ones I was talking about earlier didn't apparently get back to me about joining.

But for now I keep it open unless I get brave and upgrade the software.

That said, I'm planning to open the new forum, even though I only got one guy to join so far and he hasn't even posted yet, for other purposes than this online guy and if our TRP people end up joining that's great; we can make them a separate section if we've gone and used it for others.  One advantage to that is I don't have to make decisions then about what to do with all of our legacy discussion here; I could leave it here for read-only because at this point I'm still pretty attached to a lot of the memories here, especially of my brother and our friend Reen who both died and we can still read their old posts.

In case you're interested, you're welcome to join the other one because if I find people that wanna talk about religion, I'll build it there instead of here probably.  I'll leave this open in case anybody who used to post comes back looking for it.  I think you have done a good job of capturing what we were creating here in terms of discussion environment and I don't know where the Spirit will take us all on this but for now I have no specific plans but no limit to how much I can dream of the good we may be able to do in the world.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 06:14:50 AM »

Oh yeah.  The new forum is at http://trp.wordsfree.org/

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Lost_Sheep

Job with an attitude

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 01:16:26 PM »

I tried to register there but where it says "Type the letters shown in the picture" there is no picture. If I select "Listen to the letters" I don't hear anything.

-LS

Lost Sheep
If you are offended by the opinions I express, you can only imagine the ones I keep to myself.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 06:48:50 AM »

I tried to register there but where it says "Type the letters shown in the picture" there is no picture. If I select "Listen to the letters" I don't hear anything.

-LS

That's really strange.  I haven't been logging in recently and didn't see this post until just now.  I don't know why it would do that but I can register you manually. 

Alan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: