Faith Community at WordsFree.org
October 23, 2017, 05:26:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May be getting new members?  (Read 1135 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: June 11, 2015, 08:05:06 AM »

I've heard there are a couple posters at CAF who may want to join us here, so here's a post about it.

As is apparent, this place is pretty dead, but it can quickly be brought to life... I'm even up for a little rearranging maybe.

Here we allow "freedom" for your "words" I don't care what you believe as long as you're not a jerk and want to join in the discussion.  Forum rules are few and pretty much arbitrary -- but we don't have any problems here in this little village.

There are also boards for "members only" so we can discuss things without them being publicly available -- also we have made up special access rooms from time to time for particular situations.

Welcome new members or lurkers!  I've actually been thinking about starting a new web site, using the latest version of Simple Machines' forum software that has better security and we can go back to having on-site registration maybe, etc.  But here will do just fine until that happens, if at all.

Registration at this time is only through admin, due to swarms of bots that like to register and other stuff blah blah blah.  If you want to register then just send an email to me at alansiegman@yahoo.com, and give me the email you want to use to register (no ads or newsletters) and the login name you want.  Optionally, give me the password you want or I can make one up.  Then you get an email with the login.

Alan
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:08:14 AM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Veronica97

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 11:17:19 PM »

Just checking in, Alan, to see if there are any new posts.  Would love to see the boards "revive".
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 01:50:13 PM »

Just checking in, Alan, to see if there are any new posts.  Would love to see the boards "revive".

Oh my gosh.  This is amazing.  I hadn't even logged in for a long time, and today I met someone I want to invite here.  I was just checking to make sure the site was still up so I could complete a PM to him I'm about to send.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Veronica97

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 09:38:57 PM »

Tried to quote you, Alan, but it's been so long I forgot how--lol.  Anyway, bring 'em in...surely some others would like to have a safe place for discussion.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:41:56 PM by Veronica97 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: