Faith Community at WordsFree.org
December 15, 2017, 12:57:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy New Year 2015!  (Read 1229 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: December 27, 2014, 08:36:45 PM »

Well now that Advent is over, here we are.  Happy New Year, etc.  Grin

Lately the server has been getting less and less reliable, and more often than not I haven't been able to log in recently at all.  Angry

And then there was that database problem thing.  Roll Eyes

Well Matt has fixed it now so we shouldn't have those problem, by moving us from our old servers we've been on until now, to a new virtual server that Microsoft maintains.  So that increases our security and reliability, going forward!  Smiley

Also feel free to note my email address so if you ever have problems getting in, or for any other reason you want to send me a message, send it to alansiegman@yahoo.com and I suggest putting "wordsfree" in the subject to help make sure I notice it.  Smiley

I have some things to write about now that I've learned a lot of things I'd like to put into words.  I'll be doing that more and more, I hope.  After spring semester I'm hoping I'll be more motivated yet to write the things I know I want to write about, having completed classes on thinking and perceiving.   Cheesy

Alan
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:43:53 PM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 02:41:38 PM »

Good to have this site back, Alan. Happy New Year to you and all your family! Cheesy

I did send you an email to explain that Debbie and myself weren't able to access the site, but perhaps I sent it to an old email address, and I think I didn't put the title 'WordsFree' in there  Roll Eyes
Veronica97

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:20:25 PM »

Yes, good to be back!  Thank you, Shan, I got your email about the site being back up.  Alan, I found you on Facebook and messaged you b/c I didn't have your email.  I don't know if you ever saw it.  I'll copy it and send you a message here on WF.  Happy New Year to you both and to anyone else who might be reading this!   Smiley
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 06:15:46 AM »

Woo hoo!  I'm expecting the reliability issues to go away, now that we're on a "Microsoft Cloud" virtual server, instead of the ones at Jaguar PC we've always used before.

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: