Faith Community at WordsFree.org
December 15, 2017, 12:59:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite "October" saint  (Read 1492 times)
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2013, 08:57:41 PM »

Just for fun!

I can't help but notice we are in one of the richest calendar months for feast days of great saints.

Who is your favourite? I think mine has to be St Teresa of Avila. She was my house saint in high school and I can't help but think that this was one of God's little jokes on me, given how profoundly her writings have impacted upon my spirituality since I came across them three years ago Smiley
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 07:16:35 AM »

I don't know if I have an "overall" favorites, but I do get interested in one from time to time.  Teresa of Avila is important to me, too, because of her writings on spirituality.  From what I know about her, her writing helped me affirm my own healing because a lot of what I had gone through and come to think, reading her stuff helped me open up about them.  I mean, I knew what was happening was "real" but I didn't know if it would ever correlate with anybody else's experience until hers.

In particular, I like the way her writings seemed to acknowledge that "darker side" somewhat like I had found in myself.  It's hard for me to empathize the saints sometimes because I'm not as "holy" and all that as they are -- but the way some of her writings went I could still benefit.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:22:18 PM »

I don't know if I have an "overall" favorites, but I do get interested in one from time to time.  Teresa of Avila is important to me, too, because of her writings on spirituality.  From what I know about her, her writing helped me affirm my own healing because a lot of what I had gone through and come to think, reading her stuff helped me open up about them.  I mean, I knew what was happening was "real" but I didn't know if it would ever correlate with anybody else's experience until hers.

In particular, I like the way her writings seemed to acknowledge that "darker side" somewhat like I had found in myself.  It's hard for me to empathize the saints sometimes because I'm not as "holy" and all that as they are -- but the way some of her writings went I could still benefit.

Alan

She certainly is a great writer. It's past midnight today in the UK, so today is her feast day Cheesy
I too was amazed to find what I had gone through spiritually, written down in a book by a nun who existed about 500 years before I did  Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: