Faith Community at WordsFree.org
December 15, 2017, 01:00:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 Habits of Happy, Healthy People Who Donít Give a Shit About Your Inner Peace  (Read 1673 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: September 18, 2013, 07:29:21 AM »

Not much activity in here.  My not posting the last several Richard Rohr articles didn't help.

Maybe this will liven things up a bit.  Caution:  gratuitous use of the F-word ... I put it in this section because frankly, I think it can be freeing to hear someone say these things.

Short version:  the author finds there are many blogs that tell us, "5 ways to a happier life" and crap like that, and they all sound about alike.  She even offers the following board for Inspirational Photo Bingo where you can play squares based on the nature of these feel-good articles:

Here is the article:

http://iambeggingmymothernottoreadthisblog.com/2013/06/24/twelve-habits-of-happy-healthy-people-who-dont-give-a-shit-about-your-inner-peace/

Unless you don't want to see the f-word, enjoy!  Grin

Alan
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:37:00 AM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:43:47 AM »

I don't know that I would have put it here but it definitely is funny.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »

Yeah, probably belongs in None of the Above.  Undecided

I'm trying to think of what we might do to add content here to interest our current posters, and/or add new posters.  Maybe it's time to reexamine whether we can go to the next major version (so maybe we can open registration again) without losing everything.  It might help to form a vision of WF going forward.  But I have a section for that; maybe I'll get back into it now that I feel a little more settled than I have in the past.

I keep getting "emergency appeal" letters from CAF, asking for money, so they can quit laying off people, etc.  I'm tempted to write back and offer them a deal; I'll continue to give $25 occasionally like I used to, if they'll put me back in.  Regardless, they will know why they are losing my money at least.  Previously I hadn't wanted to bother taking my time for them, but if I can get back on I'm confident I can a) keep the mods happy, and b) find more posters we might want to add.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: