Faith Community at WordsFree.org
August 22, 2017, 02:27:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope Francis invites homeless to dine at Vatican  (Read 1746 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: July 09, 2013, 08:54:59 AM »

Pope Francis invites homeless to dine at Vatican

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-invites-200-homeless-to-dinner-at-the-vatican/

Excerpt:

Vatican City, Jul 9, 2013 / 12:07 am (CNA/EWTN News).- On July 1 Pope Francis invited a group of 200 homeless individuals to dinner at the Vatican, where they were served in his name by Cardinal Giuseppe Bertello.

Cardinal Bertello, president of the Governatorate of the Vatican City State, spent the entire evening with the special guests, with whom he chatted at length and shared personal experiences, according to the July 3 edition of L'Osservatore Romano.

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Veronica97

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 08:17:40 PM »

AWESOME!  I have nothing else to say.   Smiley
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 04:24:34 AM »

This came up on my Facebook feed! Pope Francis blows me away - he really does! What a guy!  Grin
Julie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:25:53 PM »

Did you see Father Barrons talk on the Morya story. It is about an islam woman who was unjustly stoned to death. It has limited previews and releases. Let me know what you think. Father addresses the horrindeous law siraya, and how her father, sons and brothers stoned her after burying her to the waist up and tying her hands behind her back/
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »

Did you see Father Barrons talk on the Morya story. It is about an islam woman who was unjustly stoned to death. It has limited previews and releases. Let me know what you think. Father addresses the horrindeous law siraya, and how her father, sons and brothers stoned her after burying her to the waist up and tying her hands behind her back/

Here's a link to the page with Father Barron's talk.  It was just awful what they did to her.  But I guess that's what they did.  Cry

http://ronklemme.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-stoning-of-soraya-m-fr-barron.html

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Justicia et Pax

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »

Pardon the weird question but: are you the famous St Julie? Cheesy
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »

Pardon the weird question but: are you the famous St Julie? Cheesy

Since she hasn't answered yet, I'll jump in ... 

She is the one I have referred to in that way.  Grin

Alan

Justicia et Pax

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »

Since she hasn't answered yet, I'll jump in ... 

She is the one I have referred to in that way.  Grin

Alan

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tiz a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Julie Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: