Faith Community at WordsFree.org
August 22, 2017, 02:29:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short but memorable saints quotes  (Read 1421 times)
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »

So I've had a really awful day and one of the things that got me through, family and friends aside, was repeating over and over again "all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well". Now Julian of Norwich is not a saint to my knowledge but it's a great line.

Does anyone know any similar motivational/inspirational quotes that I might be able to memorise and chant to myself, in times of danger and need?

God bless,

Shan Smiley
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »

That quote has always been a big favorite around here.

I seem to recall one to the effect of: God dances for joy at the very thought of you. I can't for the life of me think who it was attributed to though.

And of course my signature line from Robert Bellarmine:
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »

I seem to recall one to the effect of: God dances for joy at the very thought of you. I can't for the life of me think who it was attributed to though.

This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.

John:

I Googled it:  

https://www.google.com/search?q=God+dances+for+joy+at+the+very+thought+of+you&oq=God+dances+for+joy+at+the+very+thought+of+you&aqs=chrome.0.57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sclient=psy-ab&q=%22God+dances+for+joy+at+the+very+thought+of+you%22&oq=%22God+dances+for+joy+at+the+very+thought+of+you%22&gs_l=serp.12...15622.16777.0.19266.2.2.0.0.0.0.154.282.0j2.2.0.crnk_timediscountb..0.0.0..1.1.17.psy-ab.bKH1Ug8nY5M&pbx=1&fp=e60278abecfe5f9b&biw=873&bih=454&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&cad=b&sei=D47HUeP3IZDm8wSt-4GABQ

Then I took the first link:  http://forums.wordsfree.org/index.php?topic=556.0;wap2

And found that in December of 2005 a poster "ncjohn" attributed it to Julian of Norwich.  Grin

Here's a cleaned up (non-Googly) link:  http://forums.wordsfree.org/index.php/topic=556

Alan
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:14:51 PM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 06:34:09 AM »

Those are beautiful, John. Thank you so much. God bless you! Smiley
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »

Then I took the first link:  http://forums.wordsfree.org/index.php?topic=556.0;wap2

And found that in December of 2005 a poster "ncjohn" attributed it to Julian of Norwich.  Grin

Here's a cleaned up (non-Googly) link:  http://forums.wordsfree.org/index.php/topic=556

Alan

Ok, that's pretty funny. I had thought it was Julian of Norwich but I'll have to do a little searching to see if that's actually true.

The thread you linked to was actually quite interesting. I read the first few posts and may go back and review it further later on.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: