Faith Community at WordsFree.org
December 15, 2017, 06:46:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Forkfoot  (Read 3157 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: June 02, 2013, 07:19:57 AM »

Dear Forkfoot,

I'm delighted you could join us.  The more the people whose posting I like at CAF come to WordsFree, the less I will miss posting "over there."  I've already pretty much gotten over the "oh I wish I could reply" to threads I view when I'm going over there looking for new WF members.

In reference to your comment to me that I post out of personal experience, I am totally delighted to do that!  And I think if we can get a critical mass of people posting honestly, from their hearts and their own experience, we would all be able to write "with authority" and we will find our lives getting better!

Philosopher Alan Watts said that when Jesus spoke "with authority" that "authority" means we are the author of something.  So if I speak from the heart it is with authority, or authorship.  We have distorted the meaning of "authority" to mean that we are calling on the authority of someone who isn't around -- but has "acceptable" credentials.  So Jesus, instead of just parroting what He was told, was speaking on His own.  I like what Deepak Chopra said about "Religion is believing in someone else's experience; spirituality is having your own experience."

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." -- Albert Einstein

"Let us be among those few..."  -- Me  Grin

Alan
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:45:05 AM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »

Welcome, Forkfoot! I've just been reading your posts on CAF about the Church censoring mystics - spot on! Nice to have you with us Smiley
Daizies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 02:07:58 PM »

Welcome Forkfoot Smiley
Forkfoot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »

Cool, thanks. This place looks pretty nice. I kept wondering why I've been wasting my time in CAF; it's not the sort of place I'd normally hang out, but I always felt strongly that I was supposed to be there. I guess maybe this is why. I'm glad I wound up here. Hello!
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:33 PM »

Cool, thanks. This place looks pretty nice. I kept wondering why I've been wasting my time in CAF; it's not the sort of place I'd normally hang out, but I always felt strongly that I was supposed to be there. I guess maybe this is why. I'm glad I wound up here. Hello!

Whilst I don't post on CAF very often, it's been useful in opening my eyes to that kind of Catholicism *nods* Glad you found us though Cheesy
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »

I think a lot of us felt like that there. For me it was seeing all the ridiculous thinking that was going on there and feeling like I could clarify and bring some light, at least for those lurkers who may not have made up their minds about things. Unfortunately it ends up being a trap where I lost my peace being drawn into debates by people who had no interest in seeking truth, but only about defending their particular views.

Except for one brief post recently congratulating Alan on his decision to investigate a Franciscan calling I have been "clean and sober" from CAF for almost three years now.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lana

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »

Except for one brief post recently congratulating Alan on his decision to investigate a Franciscan calling I have been "clean and sober" from CAF for almost three years now.

I am less than that, probably 2 yrs. I was "sobered" with the absence of Brotherhrolf...and you had gone AWALL...there was nothing left for me there!
Linda Clare

Westmoreland47@msn.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 05:06:46 PM »

Alan,
I love everything you just wrote!  Forkfoot, I can't help but laugh every time I read your name.  Where did it come from, if I may ask?

Linda Clare
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »

Hi Forkfoot!   Smiley

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: