Faith Community at WordsFree.org
October 22, 2017, 03:19:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Tobias  (Read 1606 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: May 31, 2013, 06:46:28 AM »

Dear Tobias,

I'm so glad you came to join us.  The more of my friends that come over here, the less I will miss posting in CAF.  Over here we can have our discussions about mysticism and contemplation, without having to dedicate 2/3 of our time and energy defending against argumentative twits.

Feel free to browse or post anywhere the software lets you.  The rules are basically that we love and support and respect each other, and we listen to each others' ideas to hear and empathize rather than to argue and correct.  Well, we can offer correction but you know what I mean.  

John actually wrote some pretty cool written rules in a sticky in this section, but the essence is don't be annoying.  And right offhand I can think of only one time in the last five years we've had a problem to where we almost took disciplinary action.  So yeah, over here it's pretty quiet from that kind of noise.

Alan
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:27:16 PM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »

Welcome Tobias! Great name  Grin
Tobias

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 01:09:15 AM »

Thank you for the warm welcomes!  Smiley

Hopefully we can get into some interesting discussions here.  I wasn't at CAF long enough to feel all that restricted by the rules.  Except maybe the "no personal revelation" one.  But even that is kind of a no brainer, unless you feel pretty comfortable with people thinking you're a loon.  Wink 

Tobias is just a screen name, one I picked over ten years ago and have used all over the web.  I can kind of relate to the character in the book of Tobit at times. Smiley
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:23:14 AM »

Thank you for the warm welcomes!  Smiley

Hopefully we can get into some interesting discussions here.  I wasn't at CAF long enough to feel all that restricted by the rules.  Except maybe the "no personal revelation" one.  But even that is kind of a no brainer, unless you feel pretty comfortable with people thinking you're a loon.  Wink  

Maybe that was part of it.  I do like giving my personal opinion about what I've learned.  I don't say, "God told me this" though.  As far as being a loon; been there, done that, not a problem.  Grin

I never felt particularly constrained by the rules, except the environment full of head-knowledge-alone people and apologist wannabes.  I didn't feel able to express what I wanted to many times, because even though I knew it intuitively I couldn't produce documentation.  Seems like you can't have a heartfelt personal opinion unless you have it "backed up" by somebody "greater."  At least there were usually others around who could provide backup for me, but honestly if one learns to speak from the heart and be honest and sensitive, this stuff becomes obvious.

"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." -- Albert Einstein

Alan
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:26:54 AM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Daizies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 02:09:52 PM »

Welcome Tobias Smiley
Linda Clare

Westmoreland47@msn.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 07:46:32 PM »

Welcome, Tobias!
I like your chosen name.  I'm also new.  I'm trying to find a community of thought that comes from the heart.

Linda Clare
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: