Faith Community at WordsFree.org
June 26, 2017, 07:15:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome CatholicWife  (Read 2063 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: February 26, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »

Dear CatholicWife,

I'm glad you decided to join us.  Yes, we are CP-friendly here, as it was one of two or three reasons for founding these forums.

You might like the Richard Rohr discussion zone.  It's at http://forums.wordsfree.org/index.php/board,52.0.html and we post his daily emails in weekly increments.  He just changed his format a few weeks ago, though, and we're trying to get used to it.  He isn't doing weekly topics, but we're still posting it one thread a week, for now.  Ah well these are details.  You can check it out if you want.

Since I know you're interested in Keating's videos, you might want to bump a short thread I started a couple years ago, where I thought it would be fun to swap links to videos and talk about them.  That thread is at http://forums.wordsfree.org/index.php/topic,1738.0.html

Also consider the Lectio Wordsfree subforum.  We exchange our reactions to scripture, without having to be right or necessarily agree with each other.  http://forums.wordsfree.org/index.php/board,50.0.html

Well, those are a couple ideas.  There's a lot of old stuff too, especially about mental illness.  Feel free to browse or post anywhere the software lets you.  The only real rule is that we're nice to each other and we respect each other's individual point of view.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »

Welcome! Cheesy
Lana

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »

Welcome as well....I love it here, and i am hoping you will too!!

Alan....CP ? (sorry, i need all codes decoded...i'm not familiar with anything other than CAF or WF or BIL or DW...lol)

Lana
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »

Welcome as well....I love it here, and i am hoping you will too!!

Alan....CP ? (sorry, i need all codes decoded...i'm not familiar with anything other than CAF or WF or BIL or DW...lol)

Lana

Sorry!  Embarrassed

CP = Centering Prayer.  Wink

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Lana

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 05:49:24 PM »

Oh, that kind that you do in the center of a room....
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »

We used to talk about it a lot way back when; you may not have noticed if you were not into Centering Prayer yourself.  It is a form of prayer where really all you do is sit silently, and let your mind relax, for like 20 minutes at a time.  It was promoted by Fr. Thomas Keating, a Cistercian monk.  Centering prayer was attacked by CAF'ers and even the people who run CA site, based on false information.  So that was one of the reasons we started WF, so we could talk about CP.   Cool

It's a bit like tarrying I think; you really just relax your mind and quit thinking of a million things and be silent with Him.

Alan

Lana

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »

Yes Tarrying is certainly being with him and somehow the entire world is not in this realm. However, i do not do it a quiet way. Remember learning how to go over a passage and keep redoing it until we could find ourselves in this passage relating to Jesus....well music makes me want to sing to the Lord, even in it's sadness. Just so that it registers true. The vibration, when i feel it in my ears as i sing, it is not far from the Tarry. I have never tarried without music as the catapult.

I do not know what kind of prayer it is, but i am me at about 6-8 yrs old, and running into the arms of Jesus just like people do at the airport. But Jesus always needs onto one knee as i run into his arms. We talk, share, and always my questions...and always he makes me ponder with the answers. But always healing me some how.

You tell me...but this is the song that started it all, just after my sons death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhpxWAzZLkM

BUT...this is my TARRY favorite...

http://youtu.be/Z4HU0hhYkP4

And i can also trigger it with painful songs that sing how much i miss Will...but that list is long...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:15:03 PM by Lana » Logged
CatholicWife

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 05:06:12 AM »

Hi everyone!  I found my here via CAF (thanks to Alan!). 

Here's a little about myself.

I'm Catholic (hence the first part of my user name).  I am a true convert, coming into the Church in July 1989.

I'm a married woman (the second part of my user name).  We will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary in a month.

I'm a 'mama' to five beautiful felines who live inside and dozens of feral kitties (no 2-legged human type kiddos).

I'm a 40-something paramedic in Texas.  I currently work in a small hospital ER and am tarking prerequisites for a local medical lab tech program.

I tend to have very definite opinions, but respect the opinions of others (and hope they respect my opinions).

I learned about CP after 9-11 when my anxiety issues became overwhelming. 

I look forward to browsing the site and adding my input.

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 01:23:23 PM »

It's good to see you arrive CW. I look forward to hearing your opinion on things and don't expect you'll run into much here in the way of anyone not respecting your opinions.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: