Faith Community at WordsFree.org
October 22, 2017, 03:23:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phillipians 1:15-20 -- Paul's imprisonment glorified Jesus Christ.  (Read 1183 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »

Phillipians 1:15-20

--------------------------------
Of course, some preach Christ from envy and rivalry, others from good will.  The latter act out of love, aware that I am here for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not from pure motives, thinking that they will cause me trouble in my imprisonment.  

What difference does it make, as long as in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed?  And in that I rejoice.  

Indeed I shall continue to rejoice, for I know that this will result in deliverance for me through your prayers and support from the Spirit of Jesus Christ.  My eager expectation and hope is that I shall not be put to shame in any way, but that with all boldness, now as always, Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.

--------------------------------

This is what I like about Paul.  (Paul or Timothy I'm guessing Paul)  He's all about results and not the process.  He doesn't care if people are on his side or not, as long as Christ is proclaimed.  His own ego and even his life is nothing compared to the mission.

Thoughts?

Alan
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:39:21 PM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Veronica97

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 06:12:56 PM »

This is what I like about Paul.  (Paul or Timothy I'm guessing Paul)  He's all about results and not the process.  He doesn't care if people are on his side or not, as long as Christ is proclaimed.  His own ego and even his life is nothing compared to the mission.

Thoughts?

Alan

Since there's no time limit to reply to a post here on WF (even though I got a warning Wink ), I'll just say that your reaction makes me think about Jesus Himself, who when (I believe it was) the disciples told Him that others were driving out demons in His name, He said, "Whoever is not against us, is for us."  In the end people were being brought to Jesus, whether those driving out the demons were true disciples or not.  I think the same thing could be said for certain fallen tv preachers.  Maybe they weren't following Christ themselves, getting involved in all kinds of scandal, and yet there were probably thousands of people who came to Christ and DID start living for Him. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: