Faith Community at WordsFree.org
August 22, 2017, 01:43:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Justicia et Pax  (Read 1376 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »

Dear Justicia et Pax,

I'm glad you decided to come hang out with us at WordsFree.  We don't have any formal rules.  Actually we kind of do -- John wrote some that we all liked but I keep forgetting to reference them.  Anyway really we respect each other's dignity and we don't have to agree to have a friendly discussion.  We like to share our varied points of view; sometimes we come to agree, sometimes not but either way we're better off for the sharing IMO.  Most of us, but not all, are Catholic.  But we talk about other religions as well, so you don't have to worry about dive-bombers telling you the discussion isn't Catholic enough.   Grin

Anyway feel free to browse or post anywhere the software lets you.  Thanks for taking an interest in us.  Smiley

Might I recommend the Richard Rohr discussion zone, where we start a new thread per week to discuss the daily emails we get from Franciscan friar Richard Rohr.  He's helped untold numbers of people advance in their spiritual journey, but of course he's controversial.  You can't have a good discussion on CAF involving him, but he was instrumental in bringing my way of thinking around to where I am enjoying the kingdom!  And John ("ncjohn") has actually gone on an retreat with Rohr.  Cool

Alan
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:44:35 PM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »

Dear Alan,

Thank you very much for the welcome! I am very pleased to be here!  Cheesy

For those who don't know me: hi there! I'm Justicia et Pax. I am a young female in my mid-20s from London, UK!  Cool I'm a born and bred Catholic but somewhat struggling with my faith journey, due to severe mental health problems  Sad Thankfully I have an AMAZING SD. I don't get to see him much but when I do, he is always kind and compassionate in his words to me. I feel blessed to have found him.

Not sure what else to say Cheesy I'm convent educated and a musician by studies/profession. I am currently looking for work in arts administration. It's quite a competitive field in London, particularly if you are disabled like I am. So prayers for that would be appreciated!

I look forward to getting to know some of you over the next few weeks.

God bless and thanks for the invite!

Justicia Smiley
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »

Welcome to you Justicia. I look forward to hearing what you might have to say. We have all struggled here at different times, and for various reasons, so struggle and questioning is no problem for us.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Justicia et Pax

Justicia et Pax osculatae sunt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »

Welcome to you Justicia. I look forward to hearing what you might have to say. We have all struggled here at different times, and for various reasons, so struggle and questioning is no problem for us.

Hi ncjohn. Thank you very much for your welcome. I've already got stuck in a posted my own thread Cheesy Good to hear that there are open-minded and compassionate people on this forum Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: