Faith Community at WordsFree.org
September 19, 2018, 12:27:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to love God  (Read 8756 times)
OneSheep

View Profile Email
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:48:50 PM »

I'm reflecting a bit on this meditation:

November 3, 2012

Richard's Daily Meditations

EXPERIENCING THE HOLY

We have put our emphasis on trying to love God, which is probably a good
way to start—although we do not have a clue how to do that. What I
consistently find in the mystics is an overwhelming experience of how
God has loved them. God is the initiator, God is the doer, God is the
one who seduces them. All we can do is respond in kind, and exactly as
Meister Eckhart said, “The love by which we love God is the very same
love with which God has first loved us.”

Do we have a "clue" how to love God?  Well, maybe not.  But my first thought is that we love God by loving others, actually doing things and praying for others.  I would add, too, that I am thinking that we are to love God in ourselves, that we are to forgive ourselves, reconcile within. 

We are to love God with all of our heart, all of our soul, and all of our mind.  When I committed to marrying my wife, I played every scenario through my MIND, would I still love, and remain committed to my wife if.......?

I committed yes, yes, yes, and then I came to infidelity.  Would I love, and remain committed, to her even if she were to fool around on me?  I was on a roll, a spiritual journey, in the questions.  The answer to the last question followed the others: yes, it would be hard, but yes. 

This commitment I made to love my fiance unconditionally was an incredibly freeing move, one that I am certain resulted in seeing that God does no less than to love me this way.  Even if I were to behave with infidelity toward God, I know He still loves me. 

So, I suppose the question can go the other direction, to go back to Fr. Richard's meditation, but specifically the "mind" part of loving God.  Will I still love God if He treats me like dirt, if he subjects me to a miserable life, if he takes away my loved ones, if, if, if,.... if He abandons me?  Is this part of "loving God with ALL your mind?"  I am sure there is much more though, and I can think of some other things right away, but what would you folks add?

Oh, I must add here that there is a story about a young man who wanted very much to love God, and that story is coming soon to the theatres.  Life of Pi is probably one of the best books I have ever read, if not the best.  I can't imagine the movie telling the story the way the author tells it.  Needless to say, I highly recommend the book.
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:59:38 AM »

So, I suppose the question can go the other direction, to go back to Fr. Richard's meditation, but specifically the "mind" part of loving God.  Will I still love God if He treats me like dirt, if he subjects me to a miserable life, if he takes away my loved ones, if, if, if,.... if He abandons me?  Is this part of "loving God with ALL your mind?"  I am sure there is much more though, and I can think of some other things right away, but what would you folks add?

WOW, first off, i now corrected my gender error of you when you spoke of your wife. I do not know why, but for all the emotion you write with, i assumed you were a woman. For a man, my hat is off to you. There are very few men i know that can do that, and do it well.

now back on topic...I was kind of blown sideways over this expression of Gods motives. Never ever have i categorized God in this way. It took me back literally that you did and possibly do still think this way. I am in no way trying to change your opinion, because opinions are just that ours to own. No one can tell us how to feel. That is the one precious entity i kept for me in an abusive relationship.That being said, i will move on.

The reason why i thought it strange for a thought was this. I found that a lot of people blamed God for bad things that happened in the world, and then refused to get close to someone who'd do such things. But seriously after a wonderful realization watching The Passion of Christ, i understood it on a different level. When they say God allowed it. It was not the action he allowed, but rather the free will to all others that he allowed, and died so that we could have these choices.

But the Gift he gives us is that he can be found lurking, like an ambulance chaser, to help us up and out of the gutter. He is there with healing, and we just have to find him, and appreciate what has happened had a purpose. Everything does. Free choice is the yin, God is the yang. And between these both, we find peace in ourselves.

So when others say, he allows it...i remember this, he allows free will. But we also have to take responsibility for our own choices and actions. Most of them on our journey take us away or off the path towards him. His is constantly offering us the opportunity to get back on the path with him on our journey.

Lana
OneSheep

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

WOW, first off, i now corrected my gender error of you when you spoke of your wife. I do not know why, but for all the emotion you write with, i assumed you were a woman. For a man, my hat is off to you. There are very few men i know that can do that, and do it well.

Though I am hugely curious about what indicated previously that I was female (emotion?), I am going to take your confusion as a compliment.   Wink  I didn't try to sound like a woman, really! 

But now that I think about it, NVC has trained me to pay a lot more attention to emotions.  John says he got the NVC book, I wonder how he's doing with it.  Identification of emotions is so important.  Men are pretty dumb about these things.  Seriously, sometimes I have to get my NVC lists out to help identify how I am feeling.  It's always worth doing. 

now back on topic...I was kind of blown sideways over this expression of Gods motives. Never ever have i categorized God in this way. It took me back literally that you did and possibly do still think this way. I am in no way trying to change your opinion, because opinions are just that ours to own. No one can tell us how to feel. That is the one precious entity i kept for me in an abusive relationship.That being said, i will move on.

The reason why i thought it strange for a thought was this. I found that a lot of people blamed God for bad things that happened in the world, and then refused to get close to someone who'd do such things. But seriously after a wonderful realization watching The Passion of Christ, i understood it on a different level. When they say God allowed it. It was not the action he allowed, but rather the free will to all others that he allowed, and died so that we could have these choices.

But the Gift he gives us is that he can be found lurking, like an ambulance chaser, to help us up and out of the gutter. He is there with healing, and we just have to find him, and appreciate what has happened had a purpose. Everything does. Free choice is the yin, God is the yang. And between these both, we find peace in ourselves.

So when others say, he allows it...i remember this, he allows free will. But we also have to take responsibility for our own choices and actions. Most of them on our journey take us away or off the path towards him. His is constantly offering us the opportunity to get back on the path with him on our journey.

Lana

Yeah, I should have clarified - a bunch.  Oops! 

Paula D'Arcy says "God comes to you, disguised as your life".  So, yeah, life can be pretty cruel, and we can certainly react to our lives with anger and resentment at the whole works.  But I agree with you, God never intends us harm. 

The "love with all your mind" part I am sharing is not about what God does, or what we perceive that God does, but is instead a "test" of sorts as to my own covenant with the divine.  It's about me, not about God.  What I am saying is that if I can commit to loving God in all circumstances, then I can project a God that will love me the same way. 

But I am thinking that there are other ways we can love God with all our mind.  Like, being thankful is somewhat a mind thing, isn't it?  Or not worrying too much about stuff.  Or understanding creation and seeing God's love in everything.  What do you think?
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »

Giving some thought to all of this....

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 12:15:51 AM »

Giving some thought to all of this....

Now you know i will not tolerate such a lac of verbosity from you John...cough it up! lol

Lana
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 12:37:48 AM »

Though I am hugely curious about what indicated previously that I was female (emotion?), I am going to take your confusion as a compliment.     I didn't try to sound like a woman, really!  

Well you do both sides of the coin so well. You do the techy side. And that was more of a surprise. I have only known one female engineer before in my life, and she was a huge puzzle and a very good friend of mine. This expression is so lost to me, but she found a way to show me visually, not linguistically (my weak spot) most of the things she expressed. I thought with all the depth you spoke of (the emotional side of expression) that you were very much like my friend from years back.

Your expression will now be viewed differently by me, and actually with greater respect. This in no way is an insult to you or women in general. You see, emotional struggle is a daily expectation out of any woman, and we struggle expressing it our way to men. Most times it is futile. Then i met John, and all preconceived notions were thrown out the window. His depth of emotion in things, not necessarily feelings, but rather passion was astounding to me as a man. You see, my son was very much like this, and has been gone from this world almost 9 years this January coming. I am a silent cheerleader to this type of personality. I believe it is the difference between connecting in life and a beautiful relationships potential for so much more.

There is nothing more beautiful than being able to share your world to someone who just might GET what you are saying. Because of the rarety, this is the compliment i share with you. My hat's off to your kind, as i believe them to be nearly and hopelessly extinct.

But now that I think about it, NVC has trained me to pay a lot more attention to emotions.  John says he got the NVC book, I wonder how he's doing with it.  Identification of emotions is so important.  Men are pretty dumb about these things.  Seriously, sometimes I have to get my NVC lists out to help identify how I am feeling.  It's always worth doing.

NVC = ?

I do not believe you are dumb in these matters any more than my inability to understand the engineer's way of expression being so lab like, that the words are so lost to me. They represent murky water to me, and a huge struggle for me. It is not that either way is wrong, but neither has accomplished the way to express it to otherwise non sighted people of their own world. Even if you had to learn how to live with a newly blinded spouse, you would be amazed at what you can no longer take for granted in expression towards them. You'd have to learn another way. In my opinion, men refuse to do this...you are not doing this...that's tre cool!

Paula D'Arcy says "God comes to you, disguised as your life".  So, yeah, life can be pretty cruel, and we can certainly react to our lives with anger and resentment at the whole works.  But I agree with you, God never intends us harm. 

The "love with all your mind" part I am sharing is not about what God does, or what we perceive that God does, but is instead a "test" of sorts as to my own covenant with the divine.  It's about me, not about God.  What I am saying is that if I can commit to loving God in all circumstances, then I can project a God that will love me the same way. 

But I am thinking that there are other ways we can love God with all our mind.  Like, being thankful is somewhat a mind thing, isn't it?  Or not worrying too much about stuff.  Or understanding creation and seeing God's love in everything.  What do you think?

OK, now i see the error of my ways in your expression. You see life as a test of accomplishments as a representation of your journey towards God. My belief is not of that.

I see Gods love as absolute, a give in, pure, and not conditional. Testing implies nothing of the same man i know as God. You are reaching for an accomplishment level that has been granted to you already, but feel unworthy of excepting it point blank...in all your sin and guilt you have applied to such a world. These are our expressions, not Gods. We have to get over things, forgive ourselves. God has already granted it, and your struggle via test levels to earn his love is already there.

HE does not test, but rather WE test our worthiness. But really, this testing implies we feel we are not worthy YET, but getting there a bit at a time. We do not have a right to say this, and i am sure it saddens God when we sit there and say if i pass this test, i get to be one step closer to you. He keeps saying, with all of your sin and brokenness, step right up to me now...you are mine, i love you IN all of your brokenness.

It is in all our brokenness that we let go of the organized, and have faith in the here and now. I am here now Lord, do with me as you will. You give up and begin the journey WITH the holy spirit. That means God can physically touch you now. Imagine life placing your wife behind a glass wall...and you can not physically reach her. That is God without the holy spirit. The longing craved is fed, the mind is reached, and God wants to DO the journey with you in all stages. It is called dying to self. When you can do this, the testing is over, and you are free to walk with him, not towards him.

Like, being thankful is somewhat a mind thing, isn't it?

YES, and a totally different topic. The way we express Gods love for us in all manners of paying him respect is truly a love grown deeply. The closer we are to Him, the closer the expression. What i mean is, the more clearly we understand God in a relationship manner, then it is inevitable not to see him in and around everything. We will find more chances to see, and thank as we travel on our journey WITH him, not towards him.

Lana
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:59:48 AM by Lana » Logged
OneSheep

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:59:21 AM »

You see, my son was very much like this, and has been gone from this world almost 9 years this January coming. I am a silent cheerleader to this type of personality. I believe it is the difference between connecting in life and a beautiful relationships potential for so much more.

This makes it even more of a compliment.  Your son must have been a real gift, based on what you have said in the past.

There is nothing more beautiful than being able to share your world to someone who just might GET what you are saying. Because of the rarety, this is the compliment i share with you. My hat's off to your kind, as i believe them to be nearly and hopelessly extinct.

Unfortunately, though, a lot of people don't get what I am saying, this thread is a perfect example.  I need to clarify what I say a lot.  This is not the reader's problem, it is my problem, but I hope to get better at it.

NVC = ?

Non-Violent Communication, by Marshall Rosenberg.  Great book and concept.  I highly recommend it.  Rosenberg was a student of Rogers, who was a student of Jung, if that means anything to you.  Rosenberg left the field of psychoanalysis because he was turned off by all the labeling of patients into "disorders" and so forth, when most people labeled simply had needs and feelings to deal with.  I teach some concepts of NVC to my confirmation class students, during the section we do on reconciliation.  It is not a "techy" book, it is written for people like you and I. There is also a NVC website:

http://www.cnvc.org/

you can learn more about it there too.  NVC is a practice, nobody ever gets to be an expert, so it is a life-long challenge.  I don't set very high expectations on myself concerning use of NVC.  I just try to remember it when there are feelings and needs and requests to sort out. 
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 01:06:25 AM »

Unfortunately, though, a lot of people don't get what I am saying, this thread is a perfect example.

It is what it is...when you get closer to God, the farther you get from the lay person understanding you unless you are both on the same type of journey. My life is a very very lonely one as friends are concerned. More painfully, my family loves me, but i am an enigma to them. They do not get me, and often i hear, "that's just Lana" and it saddens me. But they are not on my journey, and being the lost lamb, black sheep etc is ok most times, because the path towards God is a lonely road. Even his own did not believe him. He understands this...and this makes me full in the heart.

Lana
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 01:25:37 AM »

This makes it even more of a compliment.  Your son must have been a real gift, based on what you have said in the past.

Definitely a gift. He was a very ill child growing up and never let his physical weakness get in his way. You see it was his lungs betraying him, so he looked normal. He was everything i'd ever want in a partner/spouse (you know what i mean, and it is not a sexual comment). When he spoke, i listened, and vise versa. He was such a compliment to my every move. At first i thought being a single mom with him, we just got to know each others ways. Then i remarried, had two little girls and he mentored them so sweetly. He just did it, because he knew their father was not going to. He WAS their father in every essence. When we were at family gatherings, their father was off sitting somewhere, and the two girls were in Wills lap.

He desired what every parent should have wanted for their children. Love, acceptance, nurturing, unconditional love, he taught them every essence they now do not understand the origin of. They were 4 and 5 when he passed away at almost 19 years of age. They learned how to believe from him...but they are now 13 and 14 and have forgotten their interaction with him. Little things like pulling their crib over to his bed so that they could fall asleep holding hands as he sang them to sleep. He adored them and wanted them to have everything he had. It was his dying expression. "when we get back to the house mom, you know we will have our hands full. They will be saucy from their dad letting them do anything, and we will slowly bring them back. Mom, i want them to have all of the love i learned about God, i want them to have every opportunity i had, i want them to not know rejection from any parent or God...it's important to me Ma, are you listening to me Ma?" and i'd smile a sideways smile and respond with, "yes hon, i hear you say these things often...it's quite different knowing these things come from their Big Brother" He died only hours after this (by morning) and we had no clue it was so near to us.

He was noting all he forgot on this hospital trip...LOTR's audio CD's, nothing good on tv ever...his scapular...and his pocket phone book so he could comfort the friends he knew were worrying over him.

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »

And yet, Lana, a good part of what WordsFree is intended to do, is help people move into a space where this kind of behavior is naturally just a part of us.  We've spent the last six years on WF getting to be friends, learning how communicate with each other just a teeny bit better here, and there, and it's adding up.  Look at me as an example.  WF helped me conquer mental illness, radical out-of-control emotions, social leprosy, and spiritual confusion.  Now that it has, it puts me in a better position to find Good People to invite here, people whom I see have the right disposition to add to our little pasture, but all the while keeping in mind some of my own personal goals that I'm using WF to help achieve -- involving profound forms of spiritual unity, emotional maturity (I call it making emo-ninjas) and totally open channels of communication without fear of being misunderstood casting a cloud over everything we say, the cloud that makes it like pulling teeth to get honesty out of each other without a page of disclaimers.

From the linguistic point of view, that's part of what all I've learned from James.  He said things exactly to the point, but something about his language was non-offensive.  Because even though he may think something is odd and questions it, he talks straight and disarmingly honest, and lets the chips fall from there.

I do not believe you are dumb in these matters any more than my inability to understand the engineer's way of expression being so lab like, that the words are so lost to me. They represent murky water to me, and a huge struggle for me. It is not that either way is wrong, but neither has accomplished the way to express it to otherwise non sighted people of their own world. Even if you had to learn how to live with a newly blinded spouse, you would be amazed at what you can no longer take for granted in expression towards them. You'd have to learn another way. In my opinion, men refuse to do this...you are not doing this...that's tre cool!

You are right that men, and particularly men who are engineers, are trained to think in ways that is not conducive to this sort of honestly.

Actually I've done everything within my power to condition the minds of my children so that may be: a) not susceptible to the mental problem I have (it was NOT a "chemical imbalance" or my parent's genes that caused my psychosis, but my social, mental, emotional inability to deal with a world full of stupid, oppressive assholes, and bad religion), and b) so they may totally prevail in all matters non-technical.  WF, and Lana you in particular, have helped reflect to me how I come across, so that now I feel like you and I can speak directly rather than in the tentative games we used to use.  So WF has helped me raise my children in a way beyond what I could have dreamed for.

So I make it a point to be a specialist in being the exception.

Two my kids are what "they" say doesn't exist.  Engineers with social skills.  Matt, at age 25, just took over the Knights of Columbus as Grand Knight, at the election of a room full of people all older than him.  The old people that hung on to power in the parish for 30 years, saw in him that they could promote him for the power job and step back finally.  Matt is the kind of kid that people of all ages and types like to have in charge of things for them.  He is responsible and responsive, friendly, trustworthy, and all around he's the one people feel good about, to have in charge.

Then there is Catherine, a chemical engineer, who is awesome at interpersonal relationships.  For two years, first as a RA and next as RA supervisor, she worked as RA (Resident Assistant) in her college dorm.  She was in charge of young idiots would would get so drunk as to pass out on the lawn outside the building.  Ones who took LSD and other drugs and got weird or violent -- once a guy messed up on drugs attacked Catherine's coworker with a chair.  She she understands bad behavior.  Now she's making bags of IV drugs for us to use when we are sick in the hospital.

Monica is a case in her own right.  The other night she competed with about 280 other models, and she was treated one way and all the rest another.  She had to walk a runway, then give a 15 second commercial that she made up.  Her entire dreams of modeling and acting, which I never knew about until this spring, came true Friday night when she was so discovered.  The agent they hired to do the screening, gave her his card, which was unusual and nobody else got treated that way.  (It was a risk for him to do).  I called him yesterday and talked to him on the phone phone -- this big important agent.  Based on our conversation and his memory of Friday night and the photos I emailed him, he didn't even have to interview her.  He said he would sign her on, and we take off school Friday and drive to Overland park for our first meeting.  He arranged his schedule for her as the last for the day because he already knows he's going to want to spend extra time with her.  Turns out this big agent has quite a story, and he was probably THE person on the planet who thinks Most Like Me (extreme thinking, insane levels of competitiveness, etc).  After an hour on the phone with this guy, I knew we were soul mates and Monica is his dream, just like he is hers.

These results are not random.  Without WF they wouldn't have happened because I wasn't knowledgeable and healthy enough to coach them into these situations.  The big agent I talked to was probably the most like-minded person compared to me that I've talked to in my entire life.  All my 50,000-ish hours of focusing on Getting Better, and the spiritual journey, are started to pay off!  Literally!

When Monica told me this year of her dream of being in modeling, and I agree to take her up on it, she had know idea that her work, plus good ol' dad, was going to make that dream come true in the same year.  I rubbed it in her face with a text message about how I am the dream answerer.  Cool   Grin  Cool  Cheesy

Alan
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:05:18 AM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 08:50:24 AM »

Unfortunately, though, a lot of people don't get what I am saying, this thread is a perfect example.

It is what it is...when you get closer to God, the farther you get from the lay person understanding you unless you are both on the same type of journey. My life is a very very lonely one as friends are concerned. More painfully, my family loves me, but i am an enigma to them. They do not get me, and often i hear, "that's just Lana" and it saddens me. But they are not on my journey, and being the lost lamb, black sheep etc is ok most times, because the path towards God is a lonely road. Even his own did not believe him. He understands this...and this makes me full in the heart.

Lana

I'm hoping your experience on WF may help with that.  You are conversing now, easily and cheerfully, with me in ways that make sense to me.  I think after going around a few hundred times each not being sure what the other was saying, we both have improved in our ability to "bridge the gap."  We start seeing each others' points of view, and our friendship and love automatically adjusts what we type to make what is said plain to Both Participants in the message.  So it isn't just me and OneSheep, you are improving too even as you help us immensely.

Your family sounds like they just totally don't understand you.  I didn't used to.  I admired you, and I knew you were full of love and life, but I was intimidated by you because I think somehow through my disclaimers there were actually built-in insults and other problems that I didn't even detect.  It's like having my whole mind washed out with soap.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 12:14:14 PM »

Definitely...this is where my honest friends are...it is my home, my comfort zone. Without it i do not have a spiritual support team.

My family makes sure i have milk and bread, and a safe place to live etc. But here, this is my spiritual food, if that makes sense.

I poke fun at the engineer a lot, but this one took the time to want to know why. They tell a story like a formula, and want to tell about the code, how it was broken, and especially how they do it. To others in this "CLUB" it is like a dance off. They get jovial kicks out of upping the other. And among themselves, i hear nothing but joy and total nerdiness. It is cut... until they want to explain their actions and assume we want to hear a version that we know is out there, like as in galaxy.

But if what i know is breast feeding lets just say...and all of my analogies were in this lingo, you'd be out in left field. But the engineer tends to gloat over others at their own marvels. However, i did not learn the engineer lingo, and only know boobs. ...oh too funny, engineer and boobs in the same line...ok, sorry, i'll be good.

Alans brother James was so funny, he often said, "just read paragraph one and the conclusion and all the rest of what Alan says is inconsequential white noise" I was like "wow, your mean"...he said, "no, i am right."

He was so interested in bridging the gap. He made it happen...and that is just way cool.

Ok, sometimes we do not behave here...so omit what you need to...i am happy today for some reason....

Lana
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 01:28:51 PM »

But if what i know is breast feeding lets just say...and all of my analogies were in this lingo, you'd be out in left field. But the engineer tends to gloat over others at their own marvels. However, i did not learn the engineer lingo, and only know boobs. ...oh too funny, engineer and boobs in the same line...ok, sorry, i'll be good.

Lana, you may have more in common with engineers than you think.  Male engineers, at least.  I have it on Good Authority that most male engineers are quite in favor of boobs.  They may not know much about them, but they cannot resist any chance to learn about them or observe the cleavages associated therewith.

Alans brother James was so funny, he often said, "just read paragraph one and the conclusion and all the rest of what Alan says is inconsequential white noise" I was like "wow, your mean"...he said, "no, i am right."

Dad used to tell me that I talk just to hear my head rattle.  I honestly had no idea what he was talking about, at the time.

He was so interested in bridging the gap. He made it happen...and that is just way cool.
He absolutely did.   Cool

And through WF, specifically you, Reen, and John, I finally got to know my brother heart to heart, and just in time.  He said all he needed to say and then rested.  It seems that before WF he never really knew anybody at the level of intimacy as here on WF.  Before WF, he stuffed his feelings because if he revealed them, others would use them against him.  He found peace here.

Alan

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »

Scene....

Mom sneaks into the bedroom to use the working computer. She tries with all her mite to be quiet...she even puts on the ear phones...

Then Alan cracks this one...Lana, you may have more in common with engineers than you think.  Male engineers, at least.  I have it on Good Authority that most male engineers are quite in favor of boobs.  They may not know much about them, but they cannot resist any chance to learn about them or observe the cleavages associated therewith.

I burst out laughing so loud i woke my disoriented sick 14 year old...she does not realize i have ear phones on and as she taps me on the shoulder, i scream so loud, i thought i was alone in this moment.

sigh....so much for being quiet....lol
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »

Scene....

Mom sneaks into the bedroom to use the working computer. She tries with all her mite to be quiet...she even puts on the ear phones...

Then Alan cracks this one...Lana, you may have more in common with engineers than you think.  Male engineers, at least.  I have it on Good Authority that most male engineers are quite in favor of boobs.  They may not know much about them, but they cannot resist any chance to learn about them or observe the cleavages associated therewith.

I have to admit to being jealous that Alan beat me to this. I was going to comment that I have met very few straight men, engineer or not, that won't drop whatever they're doing to discuss or analyze boobs.

While I'm sure many women learn how to use that to their advantage I'm equally sure that many are totally mystified at men's preoccupation with the subject. Quite frankly I've never been able to give a rational answer to that myself.

I burst out laughing so loud i woke my disoriented sick 14 year old...she does not realize i have ear phones on and as she taps me on the shoulder, i scream so loud, i thought i was alone in this moment.

sigh....so much for being quiet....lol

This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
OneSheep

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 10:59:13 AM »

I have to admit to being jealous that Alan beat me to this. I was going to comment that I have met very few straight men, engineer or not, that won't drop whatever they're doing to discuss or analyze boobs....

Moderator, this is all so off-topic.  Please send in the officer again so we can investigate ... oops, investigate the situation... er...
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 11:06:40 AM »

I have to admit to being jealous that Alan beat me to this. I was going to comment that I have met very few straight men, engineer or not, that won't drop whatever they're doing to discuss or analyze boobs....

Moderator, this is all so off-topic.  Please send in the officer again so we can investigate ... oops, investigate the situation... er...

This is getting totally out of control.  This may be more than Officer Patti can handle.  I'd better cover all our bases, until we know who needs what kinds of correction:

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »

Thank you for sending in the SWAT team Alan.

What happened to my post though? I see it quoted in Alan's but what's quoted isn't in my post anymore.  Huh

And speaking of "boobs" that guy doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed....

Grin

You may now return to your previously-scheduled topic, already in progress.

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »

And speaking of "boobs" that guy doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed....

Grin
Aww, I wonder if you're just jealous because of where his left hand might be?  Grin

You may now return to your previously-scheduled topic, already in progress.

Topic?

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 01:02:23 PM »

Topic?

Yes, "how to love boobs...."

ummm....

err.....

Sheesh Lana, now look what you started!

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »

I poke fun at the engineer a lot, but this one took the time to want to know why. They tell a story like a formula, and want to tell about the code, how it was broken, and especially how they do it. To others in this "CLUB" it is like a dance off. They get jovial kicks out of upping the other. And among themselves, i hear nothing but joy and total nerdiness. It is cut... until they want to explain their actions and assume we want to hear a version that we know is out there, like as in galaxy.

Engineers are trained to accomplish what they are told, and very precisely defined.  They are not good at deciding what needs to be done.

Like they will build you a skyscraper or a bridge, or maybe a cell phone.  Ask them anything about interior decorating or fashion and they run for the hills.

But if what i know is breast feeding lets just say...and all of my analogies were in this lingo, you'd be out in left field. But the engineer tends to gloat over others at their own marvels.

Present company excepted, of course.  Wink

Ok, sometimes we do not behave here...so omit what you need to...i am happy today for some reason....

Lana

Grin

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »

Alan Alan Alan...ROFL...you missed my point...i will try again...

Engineers are so full of themselves they get in their own way!

Are they smart...yes...
Are they accomplished...yes indeedy...
Are they verbose to the tiniest detail, you know it...

If i had a language transponder like in Star Trek, it would be like this...

Yesterday i attempted to repair the hole in the ozone, and guess what?
I have proof that ME, and my smarticles were totally on the mark and successful.

No way Alan, really, and did you use *insert nerdy formula here* ...and then did you
quantum leap off the tallest building. Now you know Alan, it is how i personally did this
same thing last month. But those damn humans put another hole right next to the last one.

No way, i did that as well after testing your formula first, of course, and i noted with a slight adjustment
we could add a rainbow to help patch this hole and make it blend in more clearly with the sky as a background.
I added...yes, you guessed it, mud to the formula. Too late, you will never reach the bounty my brain
is in full power of at this moment. You will suffer by comparison until you can create a more impressive outcome.
I double dog dare you...

Your on...i will have to await the next hole to be put in place, and i will be right on it, master fink.
I got your number, and you only wish you had thought of what i have not thought of until tomorrow, and before today.

--------------------------------------------

Who cares is all i think when they are re telling their story of how they did it, what formula and so on...like it was the weather forecast and thinking everyone got it. NO ONE got it, cept the other engineers listening and watching...of course minus the times they were taking notes so they can get in on the fun.

But to me, this is what i heard...do not feel bad, i would also love to understand Shakespeare, Latin, and to know my times tables!

http://youtu.be/ICOlmfd0XQg

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 09:08:27 PM »

To get back to one of onesheep's original questions, I am just about to finish my Joan Borysenko book but have not gotten to the NVC book yet so I can't comment on it.

OneSheep

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 05:02:48 PM »

To get back to one of onesheep's original questions, I am just about to finish my Joan Borysenko book but have not gotten to the NVC book yet so I can't comment on it.

Just let me know when you are done with Borysenko's book.  We could do a thread together maybe.
Patrick1540

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 11:33:21 PM »

How to love God? The Gift of Charity(Perfect love) through the Holy Spirit.Loving him as much as the grace given to me ,through God's Spirit, which my focus becomes on Heavenly things and his perfect love for me in Jesus Christ. Next to become fully infused with his grace to love myself, no matter my short comings, because I was created in his image and likeness. I'm God's finger print, there is only one of me that can fulfill his will for me.Through this Charity(Perfect love) the Holy Spirit gives the grace, I can then pass on this Charity to all others. Ego and self are out of it, God is the center of it all through Jesus Christ and God's Spirit. That is how I love,adore,am in awe,of his presence with me everyday of my life. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: