Faith Community at WordsFree.org
October 22, 2017, 03:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John 9:1-5 -- Because of whose sin was the man born blind?  (Read 1584 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: October 15, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »

John 9:1-5

As he passed by he saw a man blind from birth.  His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

Jesus answered, “Neither he nor his parents sinned; it is so that the works of God might be made visible through him.  We have to do the works of the one who sent me while it is day. Night is coming when no one can work.

While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 06:57:13 PM »

There is great traffic in this area i think, the area where people are so afraid of. You might think that our brains would be smarter than this. We hear the truth, but doubt rewrites the script in our heart and we are led by it so easily. It is in wearing the spiritual armor that we are better able to defend ourselves from this onslaught rather than believe we are not deserving of the chivalry the Lord gives us of worthiness. When we believe this truth, we do not "FEEL" the onslaught creep in made of doubt, fear and misguided principles.

Finding our worth is the greatest gift that we can give ourselves once it has been damaged...and only we can do it for ourselves...WE have to believe it.

Lana
Daizies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »

One of the things that I love about this verse is that Jesus is clear that the man's malady is not the result of committing a sin.  I've gone to so many churches (before I became Catholic) where people treated illness as if it was God's judgement for sin.  Get angry in traffic -> catch a cold.  Hate someone -> get gall stones...well you get the picture. 
What I take from this verse is that God isn't some big cosmic bully just waiting to pounce on me for every little mistake I make, but that sometimes bad things happen, but He can use them for His glory
For example, you'd be surprised at how often you get to talk to others about your faith when in group therapy (which I am now feeling lost without now that my 6 weeks are done  Sad ).  I guess I still am useful to God despite being screwed up, go figure  Huh
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 06:15:18 AM »

Daizies, I'm pretty sure you have to be "screwed up" at some level to let yourself be broken enough for God to use you. The "well" tend to think they don't need God since everything is going ok for them.

And by the way, this site may be the greatest place for "group therapy" I ever ran across. It might be a little slow here right now but that's because none of us seem to be in crisis right this moment where we need to rally around in support.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »

Amen Brother John...

A.K.A. Father Hen...

He is my therapist here on earth...but humbly he thinks this is to grand of a way to see him...

But i see him as he is, honest, wounded, compassionate and full of hope!

It is what keeps me coming back!

Lana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: