Faith Community at WordsFree.org
June 25, 2017, 02:04:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popes said to leave church  (Read 4475 times)
Daizies

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »

Thanks Alan, that does make me feel better  Smiley

I probably shouldn't get into too many discussions when I feel like this - I've been pretty low lately - I overreact a little.  I just read the thread, and my "panic sense" (as opposed to spidey sense  Wink ) kicked in. 
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »

Thanks Alan, that does make me feel better  Smiley

I probably shouldn't get into too many discussions when I feel like this - I've been pretty low lately - I overreact a little.  I just read the thread, and my "panic sense" (as opposed to spidey sense  Wink ) kicked in.  

Don't feel bad.  A few months ago I posted several manic rants about things.  Roll Eyes  Manic rants are kind of like regular rants, but more psychotic.  Grin

I, for one, am delighted that you have joined us here.  Share with us your sorrow and we'll share with you our joy.
  Smiley

Alan
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:16:41 PM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Syri

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 10:55:05 PM »

I dunno if I'm reading htis different than y'all...it doesn't come across as being insulting or inflammatory to me. In fact, it sounds more charitable than ways I've heard it said by some in the past (IE, you leave the church, you're going to Hell)

To me, it's more simple, when I'm reading git; if you honestly and truly do not believe what the church teaches, then you should find a church that does teach what you believe in. That doesn't sound insulting to me...If I didn't believe in the church's teachings, I would prefer to be in a church where i could honestly say Yeah, I think this is right!
Lana

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 11:11:47 PM »

There are many teachers, and you know everybody likes a different teacher for different reasons. Each one might speak to another for different reasons. It is the same anywhere. Priests are teachers, and not all teach well, or speak to our hearts. But when you find one, you may be so in love that it makes you smile. (in love with what he shares at church)

I find that the more charismatic the priest, the better the teacher because they are not feeling it to be a subject so tabu that you miss out. Some old school priests have an ajenda...to point out how the mistakes are leading you to hell. Well i am not that kind of teacher, or student.

I was taught that if a teacher sees the entire math sheet wrong, but realizes that it is the same mistake repeated, that only the first one should be marked wrong, and add a note to say, come see me. Re-teach this and let them do it again. But to mark up the page full of x's and circles or an F defeats the teaching process. Same goes with teaching in a church. There are so many overwhelmed with not feeling like they can measure up, that they stop going. How does this not contradict Gods teaching that He loves every bit of us, and would never turn his back on us. It is opposite. The church needs to teach us survival. How to utilize Gods help, how to ask for help, and how to reassure that he loves us unconditionally. They need to teach us how to communicate with God, and have a relationship so that when under stress, we have the tools we need to stay strong. That is where the church is failing.

So if they are not doing, who's to say you can not reach God all by yourself....try it, he's in the Garden waiting for you.... <3
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: