Faith Community at WordsFree.org
June 27, 2017, 10:34:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John 2:9-10 The master tasted the water turned wine...  (Read 1591 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: August 16, 2012, 01:10:51 PM »

John 2:9-10 (NIV)

and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

(I moved my reactions to another post so they don't interfere as much with the scripture)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:17:35 PM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »

Thoughts that come to my mind:

Saving the best for last reminds me of the last shall be first in the kingdom, and the least shall be greatest.

Also I note the master judged the Good Wine based on its merit, and not where it came from -- because he didn't know where it came from.

After sitting with it a few minutes I even thought interesting that when the guests have "had too much to drink" that's when the world would take advantage of them by giving them the cheaper wine, whereas God gives the best wine to those same people.

Anyone have thoughts to add?

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »

when the guests have "had too much to drink" that's when the world would take advantage of them by giving them the cheaper wine

There are many distractions in life, and good stewardship is a wonderful device to own, but even at our best, we can slip up. Sometimes it could be vices of a personal nature, drinking, drugs, or something as simple of "ANYTHING" that is not used within reason. In a sense, we can display a drunkenness that leaves temptation, or an ability to squander, or hurt people we do not realize we are doing this to. The cause and effect are one and the same...the world takes advantage when they see weakness in any form. God wants more for us. So should we...

Lana
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 08:49:38 PM »

In a sense, we can display a drunkenness that leaves temptation, or an ability to squander, or hurt people we do not realize we are doing this to. The cause and effect are one and the same...the world takes advantage when they see weakness in any form. God wants more for us. So should we...

Awesome!

Alan

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »

Thanks...Holy Armor only works if you wear it!

Lana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: