Faith Community at WordsFree.org
November 16, 2018, 07:58:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rohr meditations -- Week of 04/15/2012 -- (Easter) Following the Mystics  (Read 10443 times)
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »

I would say that the whole meditation could probably be summed up in one sentence: Those of us with Western intellectual ideas have bought the idea that we simply need to learn about God rather than seeking to experience God.

Learn=Knowledge gathering
Seek=find/be with/relationship

Big difference to me. One is factual, one is friendship. Or better put, putting the knowledge to the test and growing in wisdom. You can not get to the seeking stage without accepting the HS as an entity on it's own. That is gods breath, his touch, his voice....

Lana
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 04:56:14 AM »

April 21, 2012

Richard's Daily Meditations

FOLLOWING THE MYSTICS

If you keep listening to the love, if you keep receiving the love,
trusting the love—even with all your limitations, with all your
unworthiness, with all your limited intellect or whatever you feel holds
you back—you start to experience within yourself a sense of
possibility. Whatever life is inviting you into, you have this sense
that it is okay and, even better, and that you can do it! That is the
joy of the saints. Now you don’t have to do it by the world’s
criteria of success or performance. As Mother Teresa loved to say,
“The only real success is faithfulness.” To be faithful to this
inner love is in itself the greatest success. It is of itself the major
possibility. No outer successes are necessary to be happy.

This is what makes the mystics sort of dangerous. It’s not just
possibility they experience—but permission. It’s permission to color
outside the lines. It’s permission to be who you really are. It’s
not just gay people who have to come out of their closets. We’re all
in our closets. They’ve just given us a good metaphor for what we all
have to do. We’re all afraid to come out of our various closets.
It’s not the need to be outrageous or rebellious. It’s so much
better than that. It is permission to be the "image and likeness of God"
that you already are. We each are unlike any other image or likeness.
God is saying to each of us, “All I want is for you to return to the
Sender who you really are!” Ironically, it takes most of our life to
find it and to accept it.

Prayer:
Help me fall into Your love, O God.

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 08:44:22 PM »

“The only real success is faithfulness.”

Amen Sister!!!!!

Faith is letting go of the need to steer or control. The difference between what you see, or what you are told that you see, maybe even what you should see. Faith is allowing God to be with you, and then you be with him, discuss it, wonder, pray about, discern basically. Everything that happens, happens for a reason...people who wine, "why" do not understand god. The why does not matter, what matters is what we think of what happened, and how it might be used as a tool to learn something in our lives. Even if you witness something tragic.

"What does god want me to learn from this today?"

Then we can try, with God at how we can better our lives with this lesson before us. If perhaps it is compassion, we will have to literally look at our compassionate side, and the ways we might improve upon it.

Every single thing, lesson, sorrow, pain etc has a reason, and always it is to make us stronger, to make us want to seek him, to be closer, so that one day, if we choose him, we can be all that we can be...with him. that is why it is called heaven.

Lana
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »

Every single thing, lesson, sorrow, pain etc has a reason, and always it is to make us stronger, to make us want to seek him, to be closer, so that one day, if we choose him, we can be all that we can be...with him. that is why it is called heaven.

Exactly.  I don't understand why, when the Lord tells us ALL THINGS work for the good of those who believe, it's so hard to take Him at his word.  It's as if many of us are programmed to think pain is bad and should be avoided, when as you say there is always a reason.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »

correct, but if you have not learned to let go of the reins, and let him lead you, a form of dying to self...then you will never understand how suffering can be a good thing. Not the act of suffering, but the result when brought to the foot of the cross.

lana
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »

correct, but if you have not learned to let go of the reins, and let him lead you, a form of dying to self...then you will never understand how suffering can be a good thing. Not the act of suffering, but the result when brought to the foot of the cross.

lana

This is creepy.  I hear you completely, and I am right with you on this one!

Alan

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »

kool...lol
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »

“The only real success is faithfulness.”

Amen Sister!!!!!

Faith is letting go of the need to steer or control. The difference between what you see, or what you are told that you see, maybe even what you should see. Faith is allowing God to be with you, and then you be with him, discuss it, wonder, pray about, discern basically. Everything that happens, happens for a reason...people who wine, "why" do not understand god. The why does not matter, what matters is what we think of what happened, and how it might be used as a tool to learn something in our lives. Even if you witness something tragic.

"What does god want me to learn from this today?"

Then we can try, with God at how we can better our lives with this lesson before us. If perhaps it is compassion, we will have to literally look at our compassionate side, and the ways we might improve upon it.

Lana

Wow Lana. I never cease to be amazed. You have endured pain I can't even imagine. You have lived with uncertainty and need in a way that would have me whining on a daily basis. You would appear to have so little reason to believe that all of this is for your good, and so little reason to not be asking "why me?"

My little whining self is deeply humbled right now. Thank you for the reminder.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »

Yes, but the fine line between allowing yourself to grieve as not to suppress it, makes for a comfort that does not allow you to learn or question it's existence. But if you are keen enough, you will be tired of this state, and desire to move forward...this will be when you realize being aloowed to address the situation with God, that you can discern why, or what he meant to teach you. If you do not allow yourself the absorption of what it made you feel, how silly is gods question, "now, how did that make you feel?" as you begin discernment.

He wants you to feel, live, grieve, and discern with him. So when we jump to the discernment, you are wasting the effort of the lesson, and the steps of discernment. Like everything else, a comfort will come, rather than guilt, of allowing the processing, or mind fog that occurs before the actual discernment. It is a necessary step in all good discernment.

Reens was really good at this stage...and why she is so wise...she experienced a damn lot...so with the re visitation via her little's, a new form of processing had to occur. Dam, all those years of hiding out of fear and guilt. what a brave woman to start from scratch, and experience, feel, process, and discern her entire life. The wisdom she had, or faith in the process was certainly led by God. Thank heavens for little 6.

Lana
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »

He wants you to feel, live, grieve, and discern with him. So when we jump to the discernment, you are wasting the effort of the lesson, and the steps of discernment. Like everything else, a comfort will come, rather than guilt, of allowing the processing, or mind fog that occurs before the actual discernment. It is a necessary step in all good discernment.

OMG, there are times, little sister, when you just shine a light on what should be the blindingly obvious that I have so easily missed. Of course we want to just directly to the discernment. Hopefully we'll get an answer and be able to avoid the suffering that way. Or if there is no way to avoid it we can just feel good about ourselves as martyrs for how bravely we endure it.

But we have to just accept it and THEN figure out what it has to teach us and why God felt it important enough that we had to suffer for it.

<slapping self on forehead> DUH!

BTW, DW is also in awe.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »

Of course we want to just directly to the discernment...

problem, discern, and then move on....i is what other people see, and the struggle will continue if we miss the lesson, and then we have to keep doing re-do's. Then wonder why we have things happen over and over again...it means we missed the point, we did not discern with him, we tried to do it all by our selves. That's not how we need to learn how to act in heaven, as single man acts on the road...lol
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:58 PM »

Reens was really good at this stage...and why she is so wise...she experienced a damn lot...so with the re visitation via her little's, a new form of processing had to occur. Dam, all those years of hiding out of fear and guilt. what a brave woman to start from scratch, and experience, feel, process, and discern her entire life. The wisdom she had, or faith in the process was certainly led by God. Thank heavens for little 6.

Amen!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: