Faith Community at WordsFree.org
August 18, 2017, 03:55:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cutesy and other inspirational stuff.  (Read 23646 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 02:09:48 PM »

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 06:26:08 AM »

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »

Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet.

(I thought I would type out the words on the inspirational things so that I might more easily find them with a search.)  Grin

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 07:35:38 AM »

There are hundreds of paths up the mountain,
all leading in the same direction,
so it doesn't matter which path you take.
The only one wasting time is the one
who runs around and around the mountain,
telling everyone else that their path is wrong." - Hindu Teaching

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 02:15:08 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 01:56:28 AM »

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 07:02:19 AM »

There are hundreds of paths up the mountain,
all leading in the same direction,
so it doesn't matter which path you take.
The only one wasting time is the one
who runs around and around the mountain,
telling everyone else that their path is wrong." - Hindu Teaching

When I first read this I smiled, thinking how "relativistic" many who believe they "own" the the Truth, or belong to the "one true religion (theirs, of course) would find it.

As I gave it further thought though it came to me how brilliant the imagery is. I chose to think of it in terms of streams rather than paths. As we think about how water flows down a mountain, it is clear that it starts from a single point. It moves down and encounters some obstruction that splits the flow, yet the water continues to flow down. This process happens inumerable times as the flow encounters obstructions or gullies and constantly splits. If one wants to find where the water ultimately came from though one has to simply follow the stream up the mountain as it continually joins with other streams doing the same. The streams may look quite different going up, flowing through terrains that are quite different, with very different exposures to the elements. Yet in the end they are all streams flowing frome the same "creator."

Looked at this way, each journey that moves up the mountain brings us closer to a fuller part of the Truth. As long as we continue the journey we can only end up at one ultimate point regardless of which stream we follow. And of course the reverse is also true. Flowing down from the top is the grace that is the stream flowing down endlessly through each branch. There may be seasons of dryness in a branch, or a patch of rough water, but even if we can only follow the dry stream bed we will eventually rejoin the river.

Being in one of those dry stream beds myself right now I find that very encouraging. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:23:05 AM by ncjohn » Logged

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 07:17:10 AM »

You are right John. I can not help but be reminded of Leonard Servat here. We were looking for the holy grail in a rpg thread in CAF (one of it's more honest ones for sure) and as much as i was looking for clues, and looking for a timeline to see if we were getting closer, he stopped me in my tracks. he said, "it does not matter how long it takes, and we may never find it...but we must be more aware of the journey than the destination...although this is our ultimate goal. The journey will carry you, if it is with god"

so around the mountain is someone worried about the destination, without the accumulation of the journey with others. They missed the point.

Lana
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »

I saw this on another board, as the given reason for locking a thread.  I just had to have it here.  Grin

Boy, wouldn't it be something if we actually enforced that around here?  ROFL!

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »

Boy, wouldn't it be something if we actually enforced that around here?

Since this is an obvious criticism of the board's moderation, in clear violation of the forum rules, I feel compelled to suspend you for a period of 30 days.  Cheesy

This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »

ROFLMAO>>>BIG TIME

Lana Lips Sealed
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 09:32:50 PM »

Since this is an obvious criticism of the board's moderation, in clear violation of the forum rules, I feel compelled to suspend you for a period of 30 days.  Cheesy

I cannot take this lying down.  I have returned evil for evil regarding this suspension situation.  I have forgiven your only smite.  Now you will shine in the darkness, which btw attacks anyone who seems "too perfect."    Grin

Alan
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:09:11 PM by Alan » Logged

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2012, 12:22:57 AM »

That's a Pauling... Cool

?
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2012, 07:04:27 AM »

What is the confidence interval for that 20% number? I need to be sure it is statistically valid so I don't get caught short.

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2012, 07:09:14 AM »

I have forgiven your only smite.  Now you will shine in the darkness, which btw attacks anyone who seems "too perfect." 

Ha!! Since you were on suspension at the time that was an illegal act so I not only restored my precious smite but gave myself a few extra in case I need to share.  Grin 

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2012, 04:57:15 AM »

It took 11 years, and a great deal of professional help and tons more of volunteer help and love, but my mind has been duly conquered.   Cool  Grin  Cool

Alan
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:59:45 AM by Alan » Logged

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2012, 04:57:42 AM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2012, 04:58:09 AM »

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2012, 06:39:02 AM »

It took 11 years, and a great deal of professional help and tons more of volunteer help and love, but my mind has been duly conquered.   Cool  Grin  Cool

Alan

Not so much a problem for me. A few years back I was at work and I let my mind wander....it never came back.  Undecided

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2012, 06:42:09 AM »

We were actually discussing this very thought last night at our Franciscan gathering. Since I've often found that when God is trying to send me a message it starts showing up in multiple forms and places maybe He's trying to tell me something.

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »

We were actually discussing this very thought last night at our Franciscan gathering. Since I've often found that when God is trying to send me a message it starts showing up in multiple forms and places maybe He's trying to tell me something.

Some call that "meaningful coincidences."  It is a very good sign!  Smiley

Alan

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012, 05:36:40 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: