Faith Community at WordsFree.org
December 11, 2017, 05:58:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cutesy and other inspirational stuff.  (Read 27688 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2013, 08:58:29 PM »

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2013, 03:02:32 PM »

Religion is belief in someone else's experience.  Spirituality is having your own experience. -- Deepak Chopra

OneSheep

View Profile Email
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »

I dunno about this one, Alan. The "loss of interest" implies that judging is more of an intended action, rather than automatic compulsion.

To me, we can be at peace, simply observing our judgmentalness and working through it. 

Loss of ability to worry?  Again, we can observe our worry, and the worry dissipates, or sometimes it takes more.  To me, inner peace means being at peace with our emotions.  They happen.  It's all okay.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »

I dunno about this one, Alan. The "loss of interest" implies that judging is more of an intended action, rather than automatic compulsion.

To me, we can be at peace, simply observing our judgmentalness and working through it.  

Loss of ability to worry?  Again, we can observe our worry, and the worry dissipates, or sometimes it takes more.  To me, inner peace means being at peace with our emotions.  They happen.  It's all okay.

I had forgotten about these.  A couple of them had me scratching my head, too, before I decided to post them.

I can see how a "loss of interest" in judging does not imply complete elimination of judging.  Why might I have interest?  Because my ego needs it.  I'm probably getting a trigger from one of my false self energy centers:  power/control, affection/esteem, and security/comfort.  If any of these are threatened, they become like part of that personal rule book you guys talk about -- something that attacks you in these energy centers is going to trigger your ego to do something -- and that something just might be to judge.

As far as ability to worry, it's one of those things Jesus challenged us to do -- not to worry.  For, Jesus asks, what evolutionary purpose is served (add a day to your life) by worrying?  So I think His point is that worrying must be optional, or He wouldn't ask us not to do it.  I'm not saying we can live without fear of danger; I consider "worry" as a different thing.  So I'm thinking at this time, that if I say, "I fear I may get hurt tomorrow; I must plan to reduce my risk," then I see that as entirely healthy, and not "worrying" in the problematic sense.  When it becomes, "oh my gosh I'm so afraid I can hardly concentrate, I wish this didn't have to happen, I'd give anything to not be here right now, I'm so not looking forward to this," then I don't see those as serving any useful purpose.  So maybe I'm thinking of the word "worrying" in a narrower context.

Alan
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:20:33 PM by Alan » Logged

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2013, 07:47:54 AM »

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2013, 01:16:22 PM »

An interesting outlook on incarceration. Certainly not appropriate for all cases but we do spend an awful lot of money putting people in jail when other alternatives might be far more beneficial and cost-effective.

http://sojo.net/blogs/2013/05/09/watch-would-putting-me-prison-serve-common-good#anchor

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lana

View Profile Email
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2013, 06:53:08 PM »

yes indeed...some things would benefit other alternatives.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2013, 04:40:01 AM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2013, 06:17:19 AM »

In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue, but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing. -- Mark Twain

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2013, 06:47:19 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2013, 11:07:12 AM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2013, 08:00:28 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2013, 01:21:39 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2013, 12:35:15 PM »

Daizies

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2013, 09:42:21 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »

Amen!  They can, and they have!

Here's another one that relates to yours at times:

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2013, 07:40:11 AM »

Amen to that Daizies! Some of my closest friends in the world are people I have never physically met, or have only met once.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lana

View Profile Email
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »

Yes!!!!!! (met him once)...I am a fave...hehe

OK, going back to lead a normal life ... oh wait i can't... Johns in it.... *grins*
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »

Lana

View Profile Email
« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »

HAHA...oh so true!!!
Julie

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »

Here it is…the recipe for a life of riches! Yes, it is that simple not to mention free and available to all.

Daizies

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2013, 11:14:14 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: