Faith Community at WordsFree.org
October 23, 2017, 05:30:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cutesy and other inspirational stuff.  (Read 25644 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: April 10, 2012, 04:15:09 PM »

I wanted to share this photo Julie shared on facebook.

Lana, I thought of you immediately because of the thing you pointed out to me, with James not answering me when he didn't have anything to say.

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:15:57 PM »

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »

Wow...how incredibly profound!

If you're not looking closely enough at someone to see these things it's really just your ego stuffing something down someone else's throat and cannot be an act of love. It's why so much of the rigid "just do it" rhetoric you hear in some places has no credibility to us.

I think it is exactly this philosophy that has so closely bonded us here. You have to care before you look for these things but you'll never listen to or trust someone who doesn't look for them.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:36:54 AM »

Trust, definitely the only reason why i post here what i truly feel. I Trust being here among you.

I also try to explain to my children when they come home upset at how someone was mad at them, or angry...that there is a lot to gain if you try and wonder why. there is always a reason why someone is acting the way they do. Perhaps they are bullied at home, or maybe someones parent is sick leaving them frustrated with all the responsibilities to take over in the home. there is always a reason, no one is angry for no reason.

So in showing concern for the other persons state of mind i am trying to show compassion. I am also trying to teach them to not retaliate and take it personally against themselves. But most importantly, if it keeps happening, they do not have to suffer abuse, and it is ok to walk away, and pray for them. This is hard for a teenager, but the pattern is important to try and make a foundation because it seems we always come back to our foundations when we are to the point that we do it our way finally, rather than always conceding to be helpful to others.

And yes, i am a VERY late bloomer to this theology!

Lana
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 08:27:45 AM »

Trust, definitely the only reason why i post here what i truly feel. I Trust being here among you.

I also try to explain to my children when they come home upset at how someone was mad at them, or angry...that there is a lot to gain if you try and wonder why. there is always a reason why someone is acting the way they do. Perhaps they are bullied at home, or maybe someones parent is sick leaving them frustrated with all the responsibilities to take over in the home. there is always a reason, no one is angry for no reason.

So in showing concern for the other persons state of mind i am trying to show compassion. I am also trying to teach them to not retaliate and take it personally against themselves. But most importantly, if it keeps happening, they do not have to suffer abuse, and it is ok to walk away, and pray for them. This is hard for a teenager, but the pattern is important to try and make a foundation because it seems we always come back to our foundations when we are to the point that we do it our way finally, rather than always conceding to be helpful to others.

And yes, i am a VERY late bloomer to this theology!

Lana

Incredibly wise and important lessons Lana. To be able to stop for a moment to consider that someone probably has a reason for what they're feeling and how they are reacting is to be present to them, and nothing else of importance will be accomplished if we're not present.

But you are right that the important lesson is that even while feeling compassion there comes the time to realize that you can't change things and they likely aren't going to change and it is time to stop enabling abuse in the name of compassion. When we have been guilted into things by people who are masters at making our worthiness dependent on meeting THEIR needs it is hard to come to the understanding that we are just being used since we tend to feel good and worthy about helping others feel good. You certainly speak from a point of credibility on this subject  and as one who can help your daughters discern the difference.

This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:40:46 PM »

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:49:12 PM by Alan » Logged

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:52:18 PM by Alan » Logged

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »

Absolutely!!

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »

yesss, that is exactly what happened when John appeared in my life!

he's my mimi Buddah!

Lana
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 05:48:08 AM »

Lana, this one's for you:

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »

That's one smart kid!!!

LOVE the cartoon as a whole...it can be so very dry...i like dry better than puzzles!

Lana
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »

yesss, that is exactly what happened when John appeared in my life!

he's my mimi Buddah!

Lana

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 04:32:32 PM »

Hey!  I see you peeking!

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:22 AM »

There is a community of the spirit.
Join it, and feel the delight
of walking in the noisy street
and being the noise.
Drink all your passion,
and be a disgrace.
Close both eyes
to see with the other eye - Rumi

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 01:12:41 PM »

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 04:52:31 AM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 10:42:35 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 09:21:31 PM »

This is one of my all time favorite Far Sides ...

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 09:06:09 PM »

I love Far side...this ones great!! Got quite the surprise when the milk from my cookies and milk went up my nose due to snickering!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: