Faith Community at WordsFree.org
December 15, 2017, 12:56:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dilbert  (Read 16604 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 08:48:26 AM »

What a perfect example for when some traditionalist goes on one their rants about all the bad things that they claim are the "result" of Vatican II.

Grin

You sure you're not ready to "get back on the horse?"  We can tag-team each other...  Grin

Wait ... is that a horse, or a horse's ... ummm ...  Roll Eyes

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 11:35:20 AM »

Aside from visiting a couple times to look at some stuff you've posted I don't think I've even looked at anything there since July 2010. As of right now I have no driving need to send myself down any of those rabbit holes. As it is I'm struggling enough with having experienced the premiere of the odious new liturgical translation at mass yesterday.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 07:17:50 AM »

Aside from visiting a couple times to look at some stuff you've posted I don't think I've even looked at anything there since July 2010. As of right now I have no driving need to send myself down any of those rabbit holes. As it is I'm struggling enough with having experienced the premiere of the odious new liturgical translation at mass yesterday.

I understand.  I went back in with several specific purposes in mind, and I feel I have mostly accomplished them.  My priorities have focused on certain types of specific areas of self-improvement I've needed.  Now I'm doing some stuff so I won't elaborate.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 08:50:52 AM »

I understand.  I went back in with several specific purposes in mind, and I feel I have mostly accomplished them.  My priorities have focused on certain types of specific areas of self-improvement I've needed.  Now I'm doing some stuff so I won't elaborate.

Alan

For me it finally came down to this, from Matthew 10:

14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

When you go repeatedly trying to bring peace and are met with rejection of even peace it's time to move on. They might believe they can beat people into submission through fear and intimidation. I can only model a message of peace. Yes, I tried doing that at times through presenting logical arguments that they might be able to grasp and relate to but even that is met with scorn so I have to move on to places where there is at least ground to plant seeds in.

This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »

For me it finally came down to this, from Matthew 10:

14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

When you go repeatedly trying to bring peace and are met with rejection of even peace it's time to move on. They might believe they can beat people into submission through fear and intimidation. I can only model a message of peace. Yes, I tried doing that at times through presenting logical arguments that they might be able to grasp and relate to but even that is met with scorn so I have to move on to places where there is at least ground to plant seeds in.

I totally understand if you don't want to go there.  Honestly I didn't think you were going to take me up on it, but I'd like to comment on your comments.

My reasons for going over there have changed greatly over time, and each time I go it's with a slightly different reason, or attitude, or whatever.

I can no more "beat peace" into them as they can "beat their religion" into me.  I don't go there with the intent of bringing peace to unreasonable people, although when that occasionally happens it is icing on the cake.  Actually I only have a couple minutes so I'd better get on with it; have to take care of Mom, shower, then get to Christmas play practice at school in a half hour.  I'd like to get into more detail about this -- might be a good topic for a different thread, though.

Alan

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 08:10:25 AM »

Nov 29

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 08:10:57 AM »

Nov 30

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 08:13:11 AM »

Nov 30

OMG I think I've been on both ends of that one.

Alan

PS Lana, do you think this one's funny?  I'm asking because I like to get to know other people's sense of humor.

Lanasshoebox
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 01:00:06 PM »

Nov 29

Naw, but this one was...hehe

I know a few people this would work on.

Lana
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »

BAHHHHHHHh ha ha...this is funnier!!!

Can you say TRIGGER.....

Lana
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:07:35 PM by Lana » Logged
Lanasshoebox
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »

BAHHHHH...this one is funny too

"I don't believe in myself!!!"

Lana

Dilbert is too dry for my taste...he lacks a funny bone
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 10:51:40 AM »

Lana, I agree; those are pretty funny...

Dec 1

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 09:44:23 AM »

Dec 2

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 08:37:20 AM »

Dec 3

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2011, 02:15:15 AM »

Dec 4

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 02:16:03 AM »

Dec 5

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 09:06:32 AM »

Dec 6

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 06:45:41 AM »

Dec 7

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 07:00:04 AM »

Dec 8

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2011, 07:28:17 AM »

Dec 9

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2011, 07:28:45 AM »

Dec 10

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2011, 04:33:38 AM »

Dec 11

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:35:51 AM by Alan » Logged

ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

Dec 9

I have to admit to laughing out loud at this one. Teresa heard me and took a look and even she laughed, which is quite unusual.

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 08:51:28 AM »

Dec 12

Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »

Dec 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: