Faith Community at WordsFree.org
September 24, 2018, 03:22:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week of 11/6  (Read 6717 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 12:52:58 PM »

It also concerns me a bit that there could be an indication of some manic activity asserting itself, with the mind racing too quickly so that you're constantly trying to jump to the next step before completing the one you're working on. That might also account for the rapid and frequent mood shifts you're noting. It may be something completely different considering all you're having to deal with, but I bring it up because that is something you can't afford to have creep up on you right now; it might seem to temporarily give you superpowers but you know how quickly that can get out of control.

Father, please be with Alan as he navigates the choppy waters out there to bring stability to the several lives that are woven into his right now. Help him to love himself enough to take care of himself in a way that will best allow him to accomplish all that needs to be done and return to his family soon.

I think we were kind of borderline on that for a while.  I never really went convincingly that way, but there was the tendency to go that way seemed to be at hand.

So since you made this comment it seems as if it hasn't completely gone away, but it has been pretty much under control.  Being home helps a lot, too.  After 11 weeks away from Julie, we had some catching up to do.  I still have traces of it, usually revealing itself through TMI or too many words to say a simple thing.  Also topic switching.  I can focus well when I need to.

Alan
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:55:07 PM by Alan » Logged

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »

Your comments are very much in agreement with my sense of things (expert that I am!  Roll Eyes ). There are times when it seems like you're getting wound up but then seem to come back into focus. Whatever is helping to keep the balance I'm personally glad to see it.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: