Faith Community at WordsFree.org
October 23, 2017, 03:02:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our legacy: educate the children  (Read 1506 times)
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:05:16 AM »

I just posted this as my facebook status:

Sirach 30:3-6
He who educates his son makes his enemy jealous, and shows his delight in him among his friends. At the father's death, he will seem not dead, since he leaves after him one like himself, Whom he looks upon through life with joy, and even in death, without regret: The avenger he leaves against his foes, and the one to repay his friends with kindness.

For purposes I intend, "son" could be offspring of any kind -- mental, spiritual, or physical.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:35:07 AM »

As long as the "education" is in learning to think things through rather than just accept what is dribbled down to us I find that pretty wise. If the thought was that we educate our children to make them clones of ourselves I'm not quite on board.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Alan
Administrator
Forum Fanatic

Evolving...

piggysiggy
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »

Yesterday I had some good talks with my kids.  I told them that before I die I have all sorts of things I want to pass on, but the first thing I want to do is that today I want to release them from any mental and emotional and spiritual bondage that life has put them in, whether it was their teachers, their parents, friends, pastor, and/or anyone else who was responsible.

I started at the top, telling them what I was trying to do, and asking them questions intended to shake up any preconceived notions they are likely to have had.

OMG they are so wonderful.  They responded like thirsty plants soaking up water.

Alan

... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: