Faith Community at WordsFree.org
December 11, 2017, 05:57:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wordsfree is on a New Server again! (April 2017)
We moved from Azure to a new cloud solution that should be more stable, and importantly: cheaper! -- Matt

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Rules  (Read 4612 times)
ncjohn
Global Moderator
Forum Fanatic

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2005, 05:35:25 PM »

It is the desire of this forum to run on gospel principles, "Thou Shalt's" rather than "Thou shalt not's." As such,we have two rules for this forum: 1) Love God with your whole heart, mind, and soul; and 2)Treat your fellow poster as you would like to be treated. The second rule applies to how you reference people and organizations outside of this forum also.

We don't want to get into spitting matches over whether someone successfully found a loophole in the "rules" or have people arguing the rules for their own sake.

We can have heated discussions over things, with substantial disagreement, without being disagreeable. If you are going to be in the "business" of helping souls find God, please be able to do it in a spirit of total charity, keeping in mind that you are attempting to do God's work and dealing with the eternal souls of His children. In short, if you wouldn't be willing to make the statement to God, please think very hard before posting it.

If you find problems with any posting here, or have questions about whether something might be appropriate, please either mark the Report Post button, or feel free to notify the Administrator or one of the Global Moderators by Private Message. We will do our best to deal with any issues that come up in a prompt and fair manner, but reserve the right to make completely arbirtrary and capricious decisions.  Smiley We will usually try to notify you of receipt of your request or question, and where appropriate, let you know what action we might be taking.

>>John can I just add one thing?  I sometimes make no pretenses about being fair.  I like the "arbitrary and capricious" part of the rules.  We do encourage open discussion about rules, though, to some extent?  What extent?  Well, we kind of make up the "exact" boundaries as we go.  Sometimes people have to speak a little softer.  Sometimes people have to listen a little less defensively.  This is about finding and celebrating whatever types of unity we can find despite our differences in beliefs, even those of us who "supposedly" hold the same beliefs but can't seem to agree.  That kind of stuff.  Anyway that was probably more than one thing I just added, but as many of us know my track record is usually more verbose than needed more often than lesser. -Alan
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 08:15:23 PM by Alan » Logged

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."
This is the effect of true charity, to be on good terms with all men, to consider no one your enemy, and to live at peace with those who hate peace.--Robert Bellarmine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: